Friday, July 23, 2010

Sunday Looking Good!
















I have some good news and some bad news. What would you like first? The good news? Well the good news is that Sunday is looking promising. Yesterday on the blog (see below) I was talking about the potential for a Sunday rain maker. The above image is from the latest North American model and it shows a clearing trend into Sunday morning. We'll still see some rain on Sunday but mainly in the overnight hours. The bad news? Well the bad news is that there is still the chance for wet weather on Saturday. There's really no change in the latest model prediction compared to yesterday's run. As I pointed out here on the blog yesterday, Saturday is far from a washout with dry conditions expected for much of the day but showers and maybe a thunderstorm is possible. While the North American model calls for a late afternoon/early evening shower our own CHEX Futurecast puts the rain south of Peterborough with just the chance of a light shower around 8pm...so it's not all bad. So what's my call for tomorrow? I expect a generally cloudy day with some sunny breaks and a day that is bookended with a chance of showers. An early morning shower is possible as is some late day rain around the time the Little Lake Music Festival gets underway (which I'm hosting btw). As for thunderstorm activity, I'm not seeing anything frightening in the models but with tomorrow's expected high of 29 degreess coupled with high humidity levels I can see why Environment Canada is a little concerned.

No comments: