Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Looking way ahead...

With this weekend's "return of winter" and the cool start to the work week, I figured we would focus on the future and the great weather that looks to be on our way (knock on wood) for the weekend. I will also take this opportunity to point out that I've been away with the military for the past week and a bit, and the blame for the recent cold spell can squarely be place on John Blake, who just happened to be filling in for me while I was away. Oh, and thanks for filling in John...sorry to pass the buck on this one.


So let's look ahead. After we deal with a few more days of cool and (at times) wet weather, the low pressure clears out and the weekend looks great. Keep in mind it is only Tuesday and things can change but, as the latest GFS run above shows, high pressure looks to dominate the region this weekend and we should return to seasonal values by Sunday with a high of around 20 degrees. Not bad! Yes there is light at the end of the tunnel. As for this week's rain, I agree that we need it...but let's try to schedule the rainy days during the work week.

No comments: