Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Microburst?



After seeing the damage caused by Monday's late afternoon thunderstorm that tore through Omemee and Enismore I decided I should post this video. I managed to get out to the Pigeon Lake area yesterday armed with a camera (and a tripod) and I even had a chance to speak with some of the residents. This damage was likely caused by a downburst or microburst. The damage appeared to be the result of "straight line" wind and not a tornado as the trees all seemed to fall or snap off in the same general direction. This serves as an important reminder that it doesn't take a tornado or a hurricane for life threatening wind to occur during a thunderstorm. Very scary stuff. Oh and Deb...sorry about the car. If you enjoyed this video please check out my You Tube channel where I'll be posting more in the near future. Click here to follow the "Weather Nerd."

No comments: