Thursday, July 29, 2010

Looking Good!













I just pulled the image above from the latest North American Model and added the surface features for tomorrow morning and...it's looking good! The weather that is (not my artwork). That area of high pressure is settling in nicely and that cold front that pushed through the region yesterday has blown out all of that sticky, humid air that was in place. Even though that front brought us some active weather yesterday afternoon, it was well worth it. Today we enjoyed cooler temperatures, lower dewpoints and a lot less humidity. I expect a similar day tomorrow (sunny with a few cloudy periods and cool) and the long weekend also looks promising. Now I am a little concerned about Sunday evening as one of the forecast models is showing a chance of showers late Sunday into Monday, but I'm still confident that the weekend will offer great weather. I'll keep you updated if the next forecast model run shows any potential for rain later tonight on Newswatch.

No comments: