Friday, June 11, 2010

A grain of salt recommended...

I may be opening myself up for a little future embarassment here...but I've decided to post my Newswatch 9-2-5 forecast for tomorrow up on the blog. It's a dangerous thing to do. Why is it dangerous? Well, any weathercaster or forecaster will tell you how hard it is to nail a daily forecast let alone an hourly breakdown of what's ahead. Every night on Newswatch I use the "9-2-5" as a tool to give you an idea of what tomorrow will be like throughout the day. Just because rain is expected tomorrow doesn't mean it wil rain the entire day and tomorrow is a good example. Here's how I see tomorrow playing out...
















Now you'll have to take the above image with a grain of salt...and I also just noticed that the rain drops on my computer weather graphics don't appear too well when saved as a still image (sorry). I think we are likely to see some rain tomorrow morning and into the early afternoon. Our Futurecast here at CHEX shows a bit of clearing by 1pm until about 5pm where things may dry out a bit and a few sunny breaks are possible. By tomorrow night we could see a few more showers and there is the threat for some mild thunderstorm activity. So there you have it, an hourly breakdown for the busiest day of the International Dragon Boat Festival. I'll admit that I am still being very "optimistic" and not all of the computer models are in agreement but we did catch a break last weekend and I'm hoping for the same tomorrow. What you see above is my call and I'm sticking to it...let's just hope that Mother Nature cooperates. Have a great weekend!

No comments: