Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ola!

Ola! I'm back from sunny Cuba! I apologize for the lack of blog activity for the last week...but internet access is hard to come by in Cuba. Rum Punch, on the other hand, is not hard to come by. In the pic above is our group of intrepid viewers who made the treck to the Play Pasquero 5 Star Resort in Holguin Cuba...and check out the beach!

The picture actually does the beach no justice. That water looks even better in person. The beach was amazing and boasted an incredible coral reef (great for snorkeling) with a variety of fish and sea life. I actually saw a Barracuda just 20 feet from shore!


If salt water is not your thing the pool is apparently the largest in Cuba and this pic my wife Kate snapped shows less than half of it...awesome.


Here's another shot of the beach. Our CHEX TV group enjoyed a catered beach party with that amazing view and witnessed one of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever seen. Getting away from the beach was tough but I did manage to make a trip into a small Cuban village as well as a snorkeling trip on a huge catamaran. The sea life on that trip was unbelievable and as for the trip into town...let's just say the Cuban people are amazing. I think the biggest thing our group brought back to Canada was our impression of the people of this small Caribbean nation. Cuba is a poor country but the people are the among the happiest and the nicest I have ever met. This may have been my first trip to Cuba but it will not be my last and I have to send out a big thank you to Mary and the staff at Marlin Travel Peterborough for this amazing opportunity.

No comments: