Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Journey Begins

It officially begins. This is the week that I officially start the 3 year quest to become a meteorologist. For the last few months I’ve been brushing up on my math skills and reading a lot of great books on weather and atmospheric science. (Yes one of those books was ‘Weather for Dummies’…great book). This is an effort to prepare myself for the next three years. Can you tell that I’m nervous?

I am very fortunate to already have a great job in television as a “ Weather Guy” for such a great station, which makes going back to school a tough thing to do. When you work with great people in an awesome city you don’t want to leave. Luckily for me…I don’t have to! Mississippi State University offers a renowned Broadcast Meteorology program that is very extensive and boasts a great list of alumni. Oh and did I mention that most of this course is offered online? Awesome! That means that I not only get to study meteorology, I also get to keep this fantastic job as well and continue to call Peterborough my home. I love it here!

It’s going to be an exciting and very busy next couple of years but in the end I hope to become a better forecaster. From time to time I’ll keep you posted on what I’m learning here on the blog. Oh…and thanks for making my first 9 months or so here at CHEX so great! I know I had some VERY big shoes to fill and I appreciate everyone here giving me a chance and making me feel very welcome in Peterborough.

1 comment:

King said...

An excellent choice. I've been enjoying your weather reports the last 9 months. Good luck on the course and keep up the good work.